Sunday 8 July 2012

Find Time To Re-Connect With Yourself

Mental stresses of the day can certainly build up inside you and distract you from performing your best at work or in the gym. It's a topic that a lot of us don't want to talk about because we feel that it's a sign of weakness, but to be honest you'll only hold yourself back from becoming your best. Finding a place that allows you to slow things down and look inside is important. If it's a lake side visit or a spot on a bench in the park. These places that make us feel comfortable and calm are important for our overall mental goodness. It can be as little as 10 minutes a day, but at least getting that moment without a computer or phone in your ear will at least give you sometime for self reflecting. For me I like to do this after my workout on the rooftop of the gym. I found out how to get access to this great seating area above the gym which allows me to have that alone time when i'm drinking my protein shake and eating rice cakes. Within my mind i'll think about my workout i just did, plan out the rest of my day, and start to visualize what i'll be doing the following day in the gym. I like to think about the order of my workout, the weights i'll use, and how it'll feel. I just suggest finding that place and think about whatever it is thats going on in your life. Not only will you feel better, but you'll be able to be calmer and happier around others.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.