Friday 3 February 2012

Martial Arts Training is a Great Way to Build Size to your Abs

People often ask me how I was able to build solid abs and have great separation between them and i must say that it was the luck of the draw. I have always placed a lot of focus on my core and abs throughout my training and earlier on I was able to put on mass to the small abdominal muscles. A big part of it can be traced back to my days training mixed martial arts (MMA) during my University years and competing on the submission grappling circuit. I believe that martial arts workouts are some of the best core workouts that you can possibly have because you are constantly kicking, throwing, rolling, jumping, and in constant motion. If you are training specifically grappling or BJJ it's all core, you're on the ground rolling around, top to bottom and always placing a great deal of tension on your midsection to keep you in a proper safe position.

Another benefit to this type of training is that its a great cardiovascular workout that will have your heart rate racing and burning hundreds of calories. It's important to note that everyone has abs but not everyone can see them. The name of the game is to lower your body percentage down to a level that they become visible.

If you're looking for a way to add a twist to your workout routine, I would definitely recommend hitting up a local martial arts club in your area.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.